Monday, April 1, 2013

Printing Half Size {ink saving tutorial}

Overheard in the Staples Ink aisle: WHAT. $40 for ink? You've got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... if you were with me that is what you'd hear! Today's quick tip is a tutorial for printing things half size. Certain activities work just as well in a smaller version, so I often print multiple pages per sheet. This saves ink, paper, and sanity!

Step one: Open your item and press print. The locate the 'multiple' button under sizing.


Step two: Select the pages per sheet. I select '1x2'. You should see a preview on the right hand side.  


The final product: Instead of printing 35 sheets, I only print 17! For certain students I still print full size on the sound they're working on. I have a few students with a visual impairment. This allows me to make them appropriate for everyone!



Easy money saving tip! How do you save money on printing?