Saturday, August 18, 2012

How to make your own therapy materials.


This week I did a guest post for my blogging friend Katie over at Playing With Words 365. Many of you email to ask how I create materials. Here's  a little bit about my process! 
One of my favorite parts of being a speech language pathologist is that it allows me to combine different things I love to do into one job. I love problem solving, working with people, and crafting. The way I channel those ‘crafting’ instincts into therapy are with home made therapy materials. If you follow my blog,SpeechRoomNews, you have no doubt seen these activities! They vary from remade toss-across andrepurposed Tide bottles to printable games.
When Katie mentioned doing a guest post about making treatment activities I thought that would help answer some of the frequent questions I get asked!  So here’s the answer to that question… “How did you make that?”
The truth is…you can make great printable activities without anything fancy. Yes, those nice photo editing and graphics programs are on my wish list, but you can really do it with out them!