Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Peeking Pictures: Prounouns

This has been quite a week. I'm feeling a little worn thin, so no fru fru comments on this post! Just the facts!

I saw something on TPT last week that caught my interest. Brenda has a whole line of 'uncover games'.  I thought they were awesome, but they didn't meet any of my speech or language goals. So I decided to test them out by making some of my own. Here's my first attempt. If you like it, let me know what other skills you would like to see!

Peeking Pictures: Pronoun Edition:





Start by printing out a picture. Do not cut it apart. 


Give each student a set of these color coded pronouns visuals.



Choose one type of pronoun or a mixture of all sets.  Cover the picture with 9 rectangles (pronouns).



On each student's turn. Pull sentence cards. Determine which pronoun will fill in the blank. Remove that pronoun from the picture scene. The first student to reveal his/her entire picture is the winner. 

The game employs some reasoning and planning. Some cards have multiple answers. Students may have to plan and think about the type of pronoun they use as an answer. 

The document is 22 pages, includes 6 different winter scenes, 18 sentences per pronoun type (reflexive, subjective, objective, possessive) and 9 pronoun cards per set.

The set is for your readers, and I used it on my 2nd and 3rd graders this week.

It's available in my TPT store. Leave a comment with which other skills you'd like to see!