Thursday, January 17, 2013

Lucky Grammar

I'm in the middle of laminating my Valentine's Day activities, but in my down time  (wait, what's that again) I have made the second of my St. Patrick's Day activities! I asked you what you needed added on Facebook. I heard you and added 3rd person singular activities! What else is new HOMEWORK SHEETS! Or use them as recording sheets during the activities!

  • No doubt,  that even though I have these packets done right now, I'll be furiously laminating them on February 28 trying to get them ready for the beginning of March. 


    Lucky Grammar . The packet includes 7 different small group activities. Perfect for speech therapy or literacy groups, with a St. Patrick's Day theme! 


    Gold Coins: Pronouns (60 cards) Fill in the blanks with the correct pronoun. Collect gold coins on your pot of gold!


  • Over the Rainbow: Irregular Verb Cards (20 cards) Each card contains a sentence. Students must choose the correct answer to fill in the blank. They may keep their card on the box of chocolates if they answer correctly.


  •  Sweet: Irregular Plurals (24 cards) Students read each card. Find the cupcakes that match. Develop a sentence for each.


  • March Monsters: IS/ARE(18 cards) Students read the sentences and fill in the blanks with is/are. Sort the St. Patrick’s Day Monsters.


  • Hoot Hoot: HAVE/HAS Cards (18 cards) Students read the sentence on the card and fill in the blank with HAVE or HAS. Then sort the owls onto the right tree.



  • Irish Style: WAS/WERE cards (18 cards) Students draw a card. Read the sentence and fill in the blank with the correct past tense form of ‘to be.’ Sort the card onto the flag.



  • Lucky Lou: 3rd Person Singular: (18 Cards) Students help Lou figure out how to finish each sentence! 


    Based on your feedback from other activities, I've also included 13 pages of homework activities.   These extension activities cover each grammar target covered. 

    Grab this download on my TPT Store! Leave a comment and I'll pick one random person to win a copy!