Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Middle School

November is creeping up on us so I wanted to share another Turkey Day activity for you! I don't teach middle schoolers or high schoolers but many of you do. So I thought I'd try my hand at making you something for Turkey Day! 


The download is 24 pages in length and includes 5 games targeting language, pragmatics and grammar. Included games are: Literal/Rhetorical, Active/Passive Voice, Sequencing, Main Idea & Multiple Meaning Ideas. 


Literal/Rhetorical Questions (16 cards) Each card contains a statement. Decide if it’s a literal or a rhetorical question. 


Active/Passive Acorns (12 cards) Cut each acorn apart. Have students match the acorns and decide which acorns are active/passive voice. 


Sequencing (12 cards) Students read the sentences and the underlined word. Identify the general meaning of each sequencing word (before, during or after.) 


Multiple Meaning Turkeys :( 18 cards) read the word. Provide two definitions for each word. If you draw the runaway turkey cards, put all your cards back. 


Main Idea/Details (16 cards) Students draw a card. Read the paragraph. Have the student give the main idea and details. 

Find the item in my TPT Store! Please leave a comment and let me know what you think! Do you want to see more middle school activities?